Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Direction

Happy New Year Coders!
    I have not posted in a while as school and life have been pretty busy but I'm going to try starting this up again. I would like to change focus, however, to C++ and more specifically game programming and... hopefully... DirectX. I have heard a lot about how DirectX has a steep learning curve and I don't think it will be easy, but I think it is the direction I want to take for now. So, since my last posts I have completed Programming Logic and my first Computer Science class (C++). I will be starting on the second semester of C++ soon on my way to a Computer Science degree. I'm also in Calculus 2 and from what I have seen of DirectX I will need a whole lot more math, so I can't wait to take Differential Equations and Linear Algebra in the coming semesters so I might understand the matrix translations I'll be dealing with in DirectX while programming my games. But that is getting ahead of myself.
    The main reason I wanted to start this up again is to help myself and give myself some practice as I am learning DirectX 10 on my own. I am going to try and start from the very beginning using the book Ultimate Game Programming with DirectX, Second Edition as my main guide using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 .Net Express Edition as my IDE. When I get back I will post begin with getting started on the IDE and setting up a Win32 application.

No comments:

Post a Comment